About The Job - Terms & Conditions
This web site is owned and operated by MooJobs.com Limited and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
Use of the site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to MooJobs.com Limited or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply work-seekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable work-seeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a work-seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the work-seeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the work-seeker or the recruiter for the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether work-seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose work-seekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a work-seeker; or
- make any arrangements for accommodation of work-seekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the "Regulations") seek to ensure that work-seekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered work-seekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce work-seekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a work-seeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a work-seeker’s suitability for the role.These could include:
- If you are a work-seeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a work-seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
- If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the work-seeker and that the work-seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a work-seeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where work-seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the work-seeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the work-seeker. For more details of how to undertake a criminal records bureau check, please click here.Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
CVs and job advertisements
CVs and job advertisements contained on the site are provided by candidates and by prospective employers and their agents and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of CVs or advertisements and expect candidates and prospective employers to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
Services and information provided on the site by us and our third party suppliers are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither we nor our third party suppliers can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
We try to ensure continuous availability of the site and all the services available on it but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the site at any time.
Limitation of liability
Our liability, and the liability of our third party suppliers, for any loss or damage suffered by you as the result of your use of this site is limited to your actual direct damages and, except in the case of fraud, excludes any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential or speculative loss. As required by law, this exclusion does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
Terms and conditions of business for recruiters
In these terms and conditions:
a. 'Customer' means any person, company, organisation or firm which purchases Services from us;
b. 'Order Form' means an order for Services on a form provided by us (in any format) and signed by a Customer;
c. 'Services' means all recruitment products and services made available by us from time to time;
d. 'Contract Month' means, in respect of any Order Form relating to the provision of Services for a specified period of months, the calendar month commencing on the start date specified in the Order Form and ending on the day before the same date in the next calendar month. For example, the calendar month commencing on 24 February and ending 23 March;
e. 'Contract Term' means the full term specified in the Order Form.
Commencement of Services
Where applicable we will not commence the provision of Services pursuant to any Order Form until the Order Form has been returned to us, in a form approved by us and confirmed by the Customer by way of signature, e-mail confirmation or provision of purchase order number and, in the case of Customers who purchase Services on terms that require pre-payment, Services will not commence until payment is received and cleared.
Prices are guaranteed for the period stated on any order confiormation. Prices are confidential and may not be disclosed by the Customer.
A job posted on this site or MooJobs.com will remain live for 28 days or such shorter time as we agree with the Customer. Any extension of this time will be charged to the Customer as a new posting. Any jobs posted in addition to the agreed number of jobs per month will be charged at a price per job agreed with the customer at the time of the contract negotiation. If no price has been negotiated, a flat fee of £100 per job will be charged for each job over the agreed number. A single job is identified by its unique ID number. If a customer deletes a job and then either reposts it or posts another, this will be classed as two jobs. If any Services to be used within any time period specified on the Order Form are not used within that period of time they may not be carried over into any subsequent period without our prior written consent. The Customer will be responsible for payment for any unused Services.
All prices exclude VAT. All invoices are payable with immediate effect unless stated. Late payment will entitle us to suspend provision of Services. A late payment penalty fee of £50 is chargeable for any invoice not paid within the required time scale agreed. If payment has not been received 28 days after the original due date, the debt will be passed to a third party for collection. Please note that this process will lead to further charges being applied.
Definition of Booking terms for job adverts:
A job 'advert booking' is defined by a confirmed request, in writing, by the client, and the raising of a purchase invoice to the client. Cancellation of a booking can be made free of charge up until the invoice is raised. A 50% charge of invoice value is applied for cancellations made after the invoice has been raised and or the proof of an advert has been provided. Failure to pay the cancellation fee within 28 days of the date of cancellation will result in a charge of 100% of the invoice value. Failure to pay will lead to interest charges being added and the possible action of a Debt Collection Agency.
Termination of annual contracts (multi job posting packages)
i. The Customer may terminate in writing the provision of Services under any Order Form by no less than:
|Up to 2 months
|3 to 5 months
|6 months plus
ii. To expire at the end of the contract Month.
iii. We are in material breach of these terms and conditions and have not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied, or:
iv. We become insolvent, cease to trade or go into liquidation
v. Termination by the Customer before the end of the Contract Term may, at our discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire Contract Term.
We may terminate the provision of Services if:i. The Customer is in material breach of these terms and conditions and has not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied, or: ii. The Customer becomes insolvent, ceases to trade or goes into liquidation.
Limitation of liability
Our total liability to the Customer in respect of any Services, except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the total amount paid to us during the Contract Term for such Services or £10,000, whichever is the greater.
Job adverts go live after payment confirmation on this website or MooJobs.com during the following times based on 24 hour clock GMT; Payment terms are immediate. Once a booking has been made and an invoice processed and sent, cancellation fees will apply. Cancellation costs are set to 50% of the individual invoice value to cover internal administration costs. Failure to comply will result in legal action being taken.
|Job advertised between
||Job Live in/by
|00:00 - 0.7:59
||11:00 same day
|08:00 - 17:00
||Within 3 hours
|17:01 - 23:59
||11:00 following day
Weekends & Bank Holidays
|Job advertised between
||Job live in/by
|00:00 - 07.59
||11:00 same day
|08:00 - 23:59
||11:00 folowing day
You will be notified by email when your job adverts have gone live on MooJobs.com.
On receiving formal confirmation, signed by both parties, an invoice will be raised and sent to the exhibitor along with payment terms. Late payments will be subject to MooJobs.com's general payment terms. Due to pre planned marketing activity, cancellation fee of the event is 100%. On the day of the jobs fair, all exhibitors must adhere to event rules which include being set up within the time guidelines provided and all stands must be occupied until the event has been officially closed.
On receiving formal confirmation via a signed membership contract, which is signed by both parties, an invoice will be raised for the subscription cost and sent to the client, along with payment terms. Late payments will be subject to MooJobs.com's general payment terms. The membership operates under the terms detailed within the contract, notably:
1. The membership fee allows clients to utilise MooJobs (Trading as AboutTheJob) advertising platforms on a regular basis with no further initial outlay
2. The contract term is set for an initial 12 month period (to be renewed automatically unless otherwise requested)
2a. The employer can cancel the membership renewal free of charge up until 14 days before the renewal date. Should the employer cancel the renewal within 14 days of the renewal date, a cancellation charge of £100 + Vat will be payable.
3. This is a "pay on success" service
4. Should AboutTheJob supply a candidate, to the registered member, which they successfully employ, a fee of £495 is chargeable (or whatever fee was agreed within the client contract)
4b. The invoice will be raised on the day that candidate accepts the job offer
4c. The invoice must be paid on or before the last working day before the candidate starts
4d. A late payment penalty fee of £50.00 is chargeable if the outstanding invoice is not cleared within the required time frame.
5. Should a successfully placed candidate leave their post within the first 6 weeks due to
a. Being dismissed for performance reasons
b. The candidate deciding not to proceed with the role
The fee charged will be held as a credit basis and levied against the next successful placement for that position. A credit will not be applied if the company makes the post redundant.
6. If no further placement is made within the remaining contract term, the credit will run on to the next contractual term.
7. As this is a pay on success service, AboutTheJob cannot guarantee any/or the number of applications for any one vacancy.
8. MooJobs (Trading as AboutTheJob) owns the candidate data up until the time a candidate is offered a position; In which case the candidate details will be released to the employer.
- A Placement fee of 10% (of first year salary) is charged per successful placement (or whatever is detailed in the client contract)
- AboutTheJob will manage all job applications and candidate contact information
- Applications are filtered and sent to a designated mail inbox chosen by the client
- The Client decides which applicants they would like to interview and AboutTheJob will arrange the interviews
- All interviews need be arranged via AboutTheJob
- Any salary or package negotiations with the candidate need to be discussed via AboutTheJob
- Where applicable, the placement fee is due on the last working day before the candidate starts (The invoice is raised as soon as a start date has been agreed).
- If the candidate leaves the company within 6 weeks of their start date, a one-time refund of 50% of the fee will be issued and paid within 28 days.
- Once the invoice has been raised, payment is required
- The refund terms also cover the period from when an invoice is raised up until the start date of the candidate should circumstances change with either party.
- AboutTheJob owns the candidate details up until the time the candidate is successfully placed
- A candidate is chargeable when the client requests to interview "said candidate" or requests contact details from or via AboutTheJob.
- Should “company name” employ a candidate (independently) that AboutTheJob has sent, arranged interviews and or passed contact details on, within 12 months from the date the initial CV/candidate details were sent, the necessary placement fee will be chargeable.
- A further fine of £1,000, for breach of contract, will also be added to the charge.
We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on AboutTheJob. Their purpose is to ensure that users who search the site or the AboutTheJob database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from MooJobs.com any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly. The Rules are:
1. No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients' jobs.
2. No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
3. Job advertisements placed on MooJobs.com must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'.
4. URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the 'send an email' link and url linking is permitted from the 'apply online' link.
Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. Advertisements are accepted by MooJobs.com on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from MooJobs.com without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
In relation to the holiday competition (launched on Thursday 8th February 2018) to win £500 worth of Thomas Cook Vouchers.
Entrants must Like, share and comment on all posts as instructed. must be over the age of 18. A winner will be picked on our facebook fan page (facebook.com/AboutTheJobs )reaching 11,000 likes or on 1st September 2018 (which ever event comes first). The winner will be announced via facebook and contacted accordingly. The winner has 28 days to acknowledge our contact. Failure to do so will result in a new competition winner being picked and announced (and the process will repeat itself as such a time where the winner receives the vouchers).
Responses to advertisements
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring MooJobs.com into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against MooJobs.com arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions. We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate equipment and are connected to the appropriate services to enable you to post jobs to MooJobs.com.
Content and links
If your advertisement links to another site via our external apply online option, you are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove from MooJobs.com any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring MooJobs.com into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.
Third party sites
Vacancies you post on MooJobs.com may also appear on third party recruitment web sites pursuant to agreements from time to time between MooJobs.com and the proprietors of such web sites.
Use of candidate database
Rights in the database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the candidate database belong to MooJobs.com Limited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
Use of the database
The material you are entitled to receive from the candidate database is determined by the product you have purchased from us. On receipt of this material you may:
i. Use, search or download it to your database using the Candidate Search back office interface and its associated functions for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies that you or (if you are an employment agency or employment business) your client wish to fill.
ii. Use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them (either directly or through MooJobs.com depending on the product you have purchased) in relation to a specific job vacancy.
iii. Use the information only in connection with your own recruitment-related activities.
You may NOT:
i. Supply, sell or license material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of your group of companies.
ii. Download the database through any automated (e.g. "scraping") process.
iii. Contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies. You must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.
Deletion of database material
You agree to delete all material from the candidate database upon its replacement with up-to-date material or the satisfactory conclusion of your search for a suitable candidate, whichever occurs first.
Dealings with candidates
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals you may contact using information from the candidate database and not do anything which may bring MooJobs.com into disrepute. You will indemnify MooJobs.com from and against any claim brought by an individual against MooJobs.com arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. We may deny access to a password if we reasonably believe that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions.
Customer supplied content
1. These terms and conditions apply to all advertising campaigns ('Campaigns') and other material accepted by MooJobs.com Limited for display on any of our web sites. By placing any such material you accept these terms and conditions as principal, even if you are acting as agent or buyer for the third party advertiser.
2. We must receive the complete creative content for a Campaign in acceptable format at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise, we may not be able to achieve the specified go-live date but you must pay the full amount set out in the order irrespective of whether any delivery target for impressions have been met.
3. To cancel or alter an order for a Campaign you must inform us, by fax or email at the number or address on the order, at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise you must pay the full amount set out in the order, irrespective of whether any delivery targets for impressions have been met.
4. You are responsible for the content of material supplied by you and for ensuring that you have the right to supply it to us and that it complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice. If we receive complaints about any material or its content we may, at our discretion, remove the material from display without reference or liability to you. You will indemnify us against any claim that the material infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of others or is defamatory or otherwise offensive.
5. If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973) it is your responsibility to ensure the advertisements you place on MooJobs.com comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
6. You are also responsible for fulfilling and dealing with any orders or enquiries relating to the goods or services to which a Campaign relates and you will indemnify and hold us harmless accordingly.
7. Where a Campaign is sold on a cpm basis, we will provide you with a password to enable you to monitor the number of impressions served in lieu of any other right of audit. You will not use the password, or the system to which it gives you access, for any other purpose.
8. Your sole remedy if we, or our third party subcontractors who may host and serve Campaigns from time to time, make an error in displaying any Campaign is the cost of re-running the relevant Campaign. Neither we nor our subcontractors shall be liable in any circumstances for any loss of profit or business. We shall, additionally, have no liability for failure to display the Campaign caused by circumstances outside our control.