To support the Operations Supervisor in leading the yard team to achieve the KPIs set out by the branch manager. To deliver excellent customer service in the yard, through accurate picking & packing, excellent product knowledge and demonstrating best practice in regards to Health & Safety. To build strong customer relationships with our trade and retail customers and ensure we are consistently delivering to expectations and needs. To lead by example setting the rest of the yard team a consistent and reliable high standard of work and drive the operations staff, to create a high performing yard team.
Responsible for ensuring stock is stored, handled, picked & packed effectively, with attention to minimising waste and product degradation. Safe utilisation of Forklifts, best practice Manual Handling and risk reduction through following Safe Operating Procedures.
- To support the Ops Supervisor in leading, coaching and supporting the yard, workshop and drivers to develop the yard team.
- Accurate picking of products, checking quality and quantity prior to packing & loading.
- Safe & secure packing and loading of products on or into collecting vehicles, customer or supplier.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork.
- Provide Customers & Suppliers excellent service and attention in the Yard.
- Unloading and checking of all received deliveries into yard from either customer or supplier.
- Efficient and safe storage of received deliveries into appropriate locations observing company policies and Health & Safety.
- Maintain Yard Standards in line with yard audit criteria.
- Correct reporting and management of any damaged or compromised products or materials.
- Keeping the Yard tidy, organised and clear of Hazards and obstructions at all times.
- Correct and Safe use of all mechanical equipment and machinery
- Observe company dress code, including the correct and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
- The safe and secure custody of company property, stock, equipment, materials and other forms of asset including information.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by your line manager.
- Picking Accuracy
- Yard Standards/Compliance
- On time in Full
- Team Work
- Customer Service & Feedback
Required Knowledge, Experience, Competencies:
- Be a role model for the AVS values and behaviours
- Team leader / supervisor experience
- A good problem solver, logically minded and good math skills
- Good understanding of stock control principles
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work to and maintain, set company standards
- Must be happy to get stuck in, hands on and support to the rest of the Branch team.
- Up to date forklift training certificate
- Good numeracy and ability to read picking tickets/delivery notes
- Good time management.
- Enjoy working in a yard environment
Hours - 07.30am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays 08.00am to 12noon, making a 47 hour week as lunches of 60 mins are 30 min paid and 30 min unpaid.
Salary dependant on experience.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!