To deliver excellent customer service in the yard, through accurate picking & packing, excellent product knowledge and demonstrating best practice in regards to Health & Safety. To build strong customer relationships with our trade and retail customers and ensure we are consistently delivering to expectations and needs. To be an integral part of a high performing yard team.
Responsible for ensuring stock is stored, handled, picked & packed effectively, with attention to minimising waste and product degradation. Safe utilisation of Forklifts, best practice Manual Handling and risk reduction through following Safe Operating Procedures.
To ensure special items are produced to a high standard on time and in accordance with customers’ needs as well as facilitating the efficient, accurate and safe movement of products and materials in, out of and around the workshop and yard.
- Accurate picking of products, checking quality and quantity prior to packing & loading.
- Safe & secure packing and loading of products on or into collecting vehicles, customer or supplier.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork.
- Provide Customers & Suppliers excellent service and attention in the Yard and workshop
- Unloading and checking of all received deliveries into yard from either customer or supplier.
- Efficient and safe storage of received deliveries into appropriate locations observing company policies and Health & Safety.
- Ensuring Health & Safety is adhered to in the Yard and Workshop and that safe working practices are followed at all times
- Maintain Yard Standards in line with yard audit criteria.
- Correct reporting and management of any damaged or compromised products or materials.
- Keeping the Yard tidy, organised and clear of Hazards and obstructions at all times.
- Correct and Safe use of all mechanical equipment and machinery
- Observe company dress code, including the correct and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
- The safe and secure custody of company property, stock, equipment, materials and other forms of asset including information.
- Ensure correct production of required items to the highest standards meeting requested specification and timescales
- Liaising with the yard staff to ensure materials are given to the workshop in good time to meet customer’s demands
- Take responsibility for liaising at the earliest opportunity with the sales office staff regarding the practicality of the customer’s timeframe
- Keeping the workshop tidy and following good housekeeping practices. Daily cleaning of working area
- Control wastage of materials wherever possible.
- Support covering workshop and driving duties as and when necessary to suit the needs of the branch.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by your line manager.
- Picking Accuracy
- Workshop production Accuracy
- Yard Standards/Compliance
- On time in Full
- Team Work
- Customer Service & Feedback
Required Knowledge, Experience, Competencies:
- A good problem solver, logically minded and good math skills
- Good understanding of stock control principles
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work to and maintain, set company standards
- Must be happy to get stuck in, hands on and support to the rest of the Branch team.
- Up to date forklift training certificate
- Good numeracy and ability to read picking tickets/delivery notes
- Good time management.
- Enjoy working in a yard/workshop environment
- Basic workshop experience is desirable.
Hours - Monday to Friday 07.30am - 17.00pm and ALTERNATE Saturdays 08.00am - 12.00pm.
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!