Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for a Yard Operative to come in and join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
To create a friendly and welcoming environment by direct approach that encourages return custom to enable branch sales and margin growth.
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service and ensure Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are met
- Assist in the company stock counts
- Ensure that stock is replenished, rotated and merchandised
- Maintain the yard to a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness
- Build rapport, be polite and courteous to customers
- Be vigilant to prevent loss of product by theft etc.
- Be vigilant and report any Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly and stable attitude
- Is prepared to develop a knowledge of the company, its products and the elements required to be successfully employed in the business
- Someone who will promote and adhere to the company's cultures, values and professionalism
- Good interpersonal skills, confidence and able to approach customers
- Excellent communicating skills
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications:
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy skills
- English speaking
47.5 hours a week. Monday to Friday, 7am - 5pm. Every other Saturday from 8am - 1pm.
Salary dependant on experience.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!