We are a small family run business that manufactures and installs a wide range of furniture and joinery products across all market sectors throughout the whole of the UK and abroad. We are a very diverse company with a large portfolio. We have a very friendly and dedicated workforce that all pull together to ensure we meet deadlines and customer expectations and we are looking for a Wood Machinist to join our busy team!
About the Job
The work we undertake is very much a manual and physical job with lifting of large, heavy and sometimes awkward items so it is important that the applicant is physically fit to undertake the work. The main role of the wood machinist will be to operate the panel saw (table saw), working to cutting lists and deadlines provided, working out the most economical cutting plans from sheet material. The wood machinist will also be required to operate the edge bander, spindle moulder and various other woodworking machines from time to time. If the applicant has CNC experience or a forklift license this is a bonus however not mandatory. We will provide forklift training if no license is currently held.
Our overall work is very diverse, manufacturing a wide variety of cabinetry and joinery items, including but not limited to the following:
- Reception desks
- Bars and serveries
- Wall and ceiling panelling
- Display units
You would be working with a wide range of materials including real wood veneers, solid timber, MDF, laminate, melamine boards, glass, stone, metalwork, Corian and other solid surface materials.
- Operation of a panel saw, wall saw, spindle moulder, planer and thicknesser
- Experience in CNC’s is preferred but not essential
- Ideally a background in the use of hand held routers, jigsaws, planers, saws, and general hand held power tools
- Operation of drum sanders and edge banders is preferred but not essential as training can be provided
- Reading of workshop drawings is preferred but not essential
- Ensuring time targets are met
- Ensuring quality standards are met
- Keeping working environment in a safe and clean condition
- Minimising waste
Skills and Attributes for the Position
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to think ahead for yourself without waiting for instructions
- Able to work safely and carefully
- Able to get on well with others
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Friendly and helpful
- Full UK clean driving license is essential
- Forklift license for counterbalance truck is preferred (not essential as we can provide training if required)
Good rates of pay
47.5 hours per week (Mon to Fri)
There may be the opportunity of overtime but this would be advised on a weekly basis. Overtime is paid at time + quarter
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!