Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for a Transport Supervisor to come in and join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
The Transport Supervisor will supervise a fleet of vehicles and Drivers, therefore the successful candidate needs to be highly organised when arranging the daily routing of the fleet .
An awareness of Customers needs and expectations and a commitment to providing a first-class service is essential in this role.
- Help to exceed ex-yard delivered targets
- Respond positively and effectively to customers, sales staff and drivers needs
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service and ensure Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are met.
- Deal with customer Complaints effectively, pleasantly and in a timely manner
- Be vigilant to prevent fraud
- Be vigilant and report Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately
- Monitor and comply with all Transport laws and regulations
- Communicate with other branches and departments to ensure maximum utilisation of resources.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Transport legislation and Procedures
- Excellent communication skills on multiple levels
- Strong administrative skills
- IT literate
- Numerical skills to calculate weights and measures
- Ability to supervise staff in a supportive manner
- Building Material knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of route planning
- Checking and maintaining all Transport paperwork
- Ability to oversee all Health & Safety instructions are fully implemented
- Taking responsibility for overseeing routine vehicle checks
- Ensuring accident procedures are correctly followed
Knowledge and Experience:
- Driving Licence
- Basic understanding of company vehicles
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Basic Product Knowledge
- To know the London areas
Salary dependant on experience.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!