Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for aTransport Supervisor to come in and join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
The Transport Supervisor will supervise a fleet of vehicles and Drivers, therefore the successful candidate needs to be highly organised when arranging the daily routing of the fleet .
An awareness of Customers needs and expectations and a commitment to providing a first-class service is essential in this role.
- Help to exceed ex-yard delivered targets
- Respond positively and effectively to customers, sales staff and drivers needs
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service and ensure Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are met.
- Deal with customer Complaints effectively, pleasantly and in a timely manner
- Be vigilant to prevent fraud
- Be vigilant and report Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately
- Monitor and comply with all Transport laws and regulations
- Communicate with other branches and departments to ensure maximum utilisation of resources.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Transport legislation and Procedures
- Excellent communication skills on multiple levels
- Strong administrative skills
- IT literate
- Numerical skills to calculate weights and measures
- Ability to supervise staff in a supportive manner
- Building Material knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of route planning
- Checking and maintaining all Transport paperwork
- Ability to oversee all Health & Safety instructions are fully implemented
- Taking responsibility for overseeing routine vehicle checks
- Ensuring accident procedures are correctly followed
Knowledge and Experience:
- Driving Licence
- Basic understanding of company vehicles
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Basic Product Knowledge
Salary dependant on experience.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!