Lawsons is the UK’s largest independent fencing, timber and builders’ merchants and now boasts 31 branches, 740 employees and £150 million turnover, founded in 1921 and operates across London and the South East of England.
Providing a successful delivery service, effectively supervising a team of drivers, whilst being responsible for a fleet of vehicles.
- Ensure Lawsons Best practices, Standards and Company Policies are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct products are delivered to the required location within the given time frame and must effectively organise and manage a team of drivers and fleet of company vehicles.
- Ensure that all delivery vehicles are routed to maximise efficiency
- Accurate checking and maintaining of all paperwork including downloading Tachograph’s & Drivers Digital Cards
- Overseeing routine vehicle checks
- Managing customer queries in a calm and decisive manner
- Engaging & motivating your team.
We would love to meet someone with…
- Excellent Communication Skills
- The ability to prioritise whilst working under pressure
- Exceptional time management skills
- Experience of leading, motivating and supporting a team
- Role- modelling behaviour- working with integrity, honesty and in a confidential manner
- Basic knowledge & understanding of Transport Legislation and procedures
- Previous experience within a Transport Department
- Building Material knowledge (advantage)
- Strong administrative and IT skills
- Strong numerical skills with the ability to calculate weights and measures
- Fluent in English (Verbal & Written)
What is in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Death In Service Scheme
- Employee Assisted Programme
Salary - Up to £32K
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!