Provide a professional and efficient delivery service for all AVS customers whilst observing Company procedures and policies, as well as legal and statutory requirements for Drivers. This role is primarily providing a delivery service to customers using the transit vehicle. However, you will also be required to provide holiday and sickness cover delivering using the HGV.
- To communicate to customers effectively, managing delivery expectations.
- To work collaboratively with Yard Team/Sales/Branch Manager to support and resolve Customer issues.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, through delivery on time, in full
- Observing all aspects of Health and Safety at all times during your working day.
- Ensure the safe and secure loading of products on the transit/HGV using manual lifting aids and lorry mounted crane (HIAB) for loading and unloading goods safely as required.
- Accurate checking of orders for quality and quantity prior to packing and loading including correct management and reporting of damaged or compromised products or materials.
- Efficient planning of delivery routes, observing commitments made to customers and special instructions agreed with Sales staff.
- Ensure regular and effective management of drivers Taco card downloads.
- Maintain safe custody, use and operation of company vehicles including completion of required check procedures, record maintenance and raising issues to the Branch Manager for corrective actions to be taken.
- To adhere at all times to all AVS Company policies and procedures.
- To ensure the safe and secure custody of Company property, stock, equipment, materials and other forms of asset including information.
- To observe Company dress code, including correct and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
- Ensure correct and safe use of all equipment and machinery in accordance with training and ‘’Best Practice’’ operation, including appropriate maintenance and husbandry, this includes Company mobile phones and satellite navigation systems.
- Correct reporting and management of any damaged or compromised goods/products/materials.
- Ensure correct and accurate checking, completion and signing (where required) of all paperwork, including its management to and from the Sales Office.
- Effective reporting of any incidents whilst out delivering to customer or supplier, or at any other time when driving a Company vehicle, of any vehicle or equipment failures or faults; product, property or vehicle damage; vehicle breakdowns and road traffic incidents and accidents
- To display accountable standards of behaviour and maintain professional conduct at all times.
- To support the yard team with normal duties as and when required
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
- Driving standards
- Picking Accuracy
- Yard Standards/Compliance
- On time in Full
- Team Work
- Customer Service & Feedback
Required Knowledge, Experience, Competencies:
- HGV Driving experience
- C1E Driving Licence
- Drivers Card
- Valid CPC
- HIAB Certificate
- Fork lift licence
- Excellent knowledge of local area to Branch
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of safe loading principles
- A good problem solver, logically minded and effective communication skills.
- Must be happy to get stuck in, hands on and give support to the rest of the Branch team when necessary.
- A practical knowledge of H&S applicable to manual handling, driving, loading, unloading and transporting goods.
NOTE: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
Salary dependant on experience
Hours - Monday to Friday 07.30am - 17.00pm and EVERY Saturday 08.00am - 13.00pm.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!