Kartell UK are looking for a Trainee Transport Planner to join their busy transport department.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To co-ordinate and plan day to day customer deliveries. To ensure efficient planning and routing of all vehicles ensuring cost effective planning to minimise expenditure without detriment to customer service or compromising drivers legal requirement under the WTD.
Building and developing relationships with internal colleagues and external customers ensuring that continuous improvements and enhancements are implemented. Ensuring all customer delivery windows are adhered to in accordance with the customer expectation.
42.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
- To learn and familiarise routes and associated delivery areas, plan customer deliveries in line with requirements as agreed
- To understand and make relevant changes to schedules, ensuring cost effectiveness and minimum disruption to customers, especially in the event of driver absence
- Maximise vehicle utilisation
- Be instrumental in solving day to day planning issues
- To support the management of driver hours in line with WTD
- Support the customer services team by active communication and support across functions
- To assist the transport supervisor and provide cover during periods of absence
- Assist in driver debrief as and when required
Key Skills and Experience:
- Computer literate
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Previous experience is desirable
- Good communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
If interested, then please click the apply button now!