Lawsons is the UK’s largest independent fencing, timber and builders’ merchants and now boasts 36 branches, 750 employees and £200 million turnover, founded in 1921 and operates across London and the South East of England.
To support the Sales Manager to achieve sales, gross margin and other key business targets. To grow branch sales and margins, by proactively chasing sales opportunities, finding new business, and developing relationships with new and existing customers.
Within the Sales element of the role, you will engage with our customers over the trade counter and by telephone. You will be the first point of contact and the perfect host for our customers (Trade and Retail). You’ll advise customers on the most suitable and advantageous products to use and promote add on items. You’ll maintain a high standard of presentation within the trade counter and offer excellent levels of customer service at all times.
Working hours - 44.5 hours Monday - Friday 07.30 - 17.00 / 1 in 2 Saturdays 08.00 - 12.00
Branch Postcode - AL4 0PG
- Identify and Capture new Sales opportunities.
- Help to exceed branch Sales, Margins and Gross profit.
- To effectively answer trade counter and telephone sales and quotation enquiries quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Respond positively and effectively to customer’s needs.
- Agree the best possible margin when negotiating with customers in line with ledger budgets and KPI’s
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service and ensure Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are met.
- Positively act as the link between your branch and your customers
- Deal with customer complaints effectively, pleasantly and in a timely manner.
- Be vigilant and report any Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately.
- Comply with company audit requirements
- Source materials needed to meet customer requirements for items not stocked through the correct channels
- Assist in the company stock counts, ensuring stock levels are maintained and merchandised
- Build rapport, be polite and courteous to customers
- Be vigilant to prevent loss of product by theft etc.
We would love to meet someone with…
- Has previous experience working in a Builders Merchants (essential to this position)
- Demonstrates a positive and friendly attitude, and enjoys managing a team to deliver and drive Sales.
- Will promote and adhere to the company's cultures, values and professionalism
- Is prepared to develop a knowledge of the company, its products and the elements required to be successfully employed in the business.
- Confidence to cold call existing and prospective customers.
- Holds excellent interpersonal skills, confidence and ability to approach customers
- Is excellent in communicating, influencing and negotiating
- Has experience in developing positive relationships with trade customers
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated.
- Has excellent IT Skills
- A professional approach and will promote and adhere to the company’s culture and values
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications:
• Previous Sales experience in a Builders Merchants
• Industry and product knowledge
• Driving license
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
What is in it for you…
- 23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Competitive Salary, depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Death In Service Scheme
- Employee Assisted Programme