Job Purpose Statement:
This is an important role as it is the first point of contact for issues and requests related to our IT infrastructure and services and will be important in helping to deliver improvements in those areas. There are two aspects to the role – reactive and proactive:
- Reacts in a timely, helpful, and professional way to technical challenges as they arise, with the emphasis on customer service.
- Proactively builds on experiences from meeting those challenges to help shape service improvements, e.g. by highlighting areas where training, systems or documentation could drive improvement.
The technical resources for which the IT Support Analyst provides support and management include:
- Devices including desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones, desk phones, other comms devices (e.g. conference phones, digital radios).
- Software including standard desktop applications, e.g. Office 365, specialist applications, mobile apps network services including cabling, patching, Active Directory, wired and wireless LAN, some VPN services, data and voice services, anti-virus and monitoring software.
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Being flexible and open to change
- Ability to use own judgement to make quick decisions
- Able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently.
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications:
Practical knowledge and proven experience of providing high-quality IT support to customers, supporting and troubleshooting IT requirements in a range of environments, e.g. office-based desktop, remote & mobile working.
- Experience of customer liaison and commitment to customer care and satisfaction, applied to a range of customers with expectations based on SLAs or other criteria.
- Experience of supporting and administering core Microsoft systems, including Windows servers, Windows desktops, Active Directory, Office 365 software and other key applications.
- Experience of working with a service desk system to log and track support requests.
- Experience of working within agreed governance frameworks, e.g. data protection, health and safety, safe systems of work etc.
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!