Morley’s is a Bicester based company supplying educational furniture for over 90 years. Driven by a friendly and dedicated small team we are one of the market leaders in our field. Supported by a large retail group we continue to extend our market share and as a result continue to grow our team and we are now looking for a Stock Controller to join our busy team!
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for maintaining the correct level of stock in line with sales orders, forecasts and operating within the constraints of budgets. Analysis of stock trends through orders received prior year comparisons and environmental/economic activity with the objective to achieve 100% stock availability for core ranges and 95% stock for non-core. This will include raising purchase orders, assisting with improving delivery performance, sending PO’s, raising work orders.
- Maintain & develop relationships with key strategic suppliers.
- Ensure and maintain a robust forecast into suppliers to secure stock, production & avoid overstocking.
- Maintain, communicate & manage supplier scorecard.
- Ensure purchase orders are sent in a timely fashion, confirmed as received by suppliers and chased for progress reports and delivery confirmations are received and adhered too.
- Be the lead for the SOP meeting & process.
- Maintain transparent working relationships with Warehouse Manager, Buying Team & Sales Force.
- Raising Works orders (Component) daily and ensuring where possible that production lead time is kept to a minimum.
- Keep internal customer service team informed of any risk to customer sales orders and provide solutions.
System & Reporting:
- Maintain accurate system data for all purchase parameters including lead-times, MOQs, MOV’s and safety stock levels to improve OTD, OTIF and achieve departmental KPI’s.
- Ensure reporting is in place to support SOP meeting
- Run daily Stock Out and Back Order status reports
Financial / KPIs:
- Manage optimum availability in line with forecast sales for all stocked, cross-docked, direct-delivery & component stocks.
- Ensure purchases are being managed in line with stock budget.
- Be aware of any quality issues and escalate to Buying Team
- Identifying slow moving/old stocks and producing regular reports to sales team on such items to target for discounted sale.
- Oversee the returns flow
- Processing annual stock take
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Strong Excel skills with knowledge of lookups and pivot tables
- Strong relationship skills
- Evidence of career progression in a relevant role.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!