Morley’s is a Bicester based company supplying educational furniture for over 90 years. Driven by a friendly and dedicated small team we are one of the market leaders in our field. Supported by a large retail group we continue to extend our market share and as a result continue to grow our team and we are now looking for a Stock & Buying Administrator to join our busy team!
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for supporting the ‘Buying & Stock Control’ function. This will include raising & chasing purchase orders, sending PO’s, raising work orders, and ensuring ‘Sales Orders’ are serviced on time and in full. Supporting the Buyer in product set up and system maintenance and the delivery of the catalogue.
- Maintain & develop supplier relationships.
- Ensure purchase orders are sent in a timely fashion, confirmed as received by suppliers and chased for progress reports and delivery confirmations are received and adhered too.
- Chasing of product set up collateral including, pricing and images.
- Stock Controller: Support the Stock Controller in managing stock into the business through raising and chasing purchase orders.
- Buyers: Support the Buyer & Assistant Buyer in setting up products on the system and ensuring data integrity.
- Marketing: Assist with providing information for catalogue and website when required.
- Raising Works orders (Components for production) daily and ensuring where possible that production lead time is kept to a minimum.
- Keep internal customer service team informed of any risk to customer sales orders and provide solutions and ensure the Sales Order Book is kept up to date.
- Maintain transparent working relationships with Warehouse Manager, Marketing & Sales Force.
System & Reporting:
- Maintain accurate system data for all purchase parameters including lead-times, MOQs, MOV’s and safety stock levels to improve OTD, OTIF and achieve departmental KPI’s
Financial / KPIs:
- Support Stock Controller in managing optimum availability in line with forecast sales for all stocked, cross-docked, direct-delivery & component stocks.
- Support Stock Controller to ensure purchases are being managed in line with stock budget.
- Be aware of any quality issues and escalate to Buying Team
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Strong MS Office skills with knowledge of lookups and pivot tables in excel.
- Strong relationship skills
- Have an open mind and can-do attitude.
Salary - £20-22K
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!