Woburn Golf Club is an unrivalled golfing venue centrally located in a beautiful setting and with three championship courses of quite distinct character. The club is part of the Bedford Estate that includes Woburn Abbey and Woburn Safari Park.
Reporting to the Head Chef and working as part of a busy kitchen team you would be responsible for supervising and co-ordinating all the members of the kitchen team ensuring that all food produced meets the expectations of our Golf Club members and guests, is of the highest quality and meets all specifications.
Purpose of the role:
- Working with the Head Chef, responsible for the supervision and co-ordination of the kitchen team and services the kitchen provides.
- Working with the Head Chef, responsible for smooth running of the kitchen ensuring that all areas are maintained to the highest standard possible with effective purchasing and stock control.
- Working with the Head Chef, co-ordinate and execute training of kitchen staff and be able to motivate staff and in addition to cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
- Working with the Head Chef, responsible for inputting fully all Hygiene and Health and safety requirements as laid down by Company policy.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To achieve and maintain high standards of food, preparation, presentation and service.
- To ensure all catering equipment is cleaned, maintained and in the correct working order. Making sure all equipment is serviced regularly and a record kept.
- To maintain a high level of Health & Safety at all times, and represent the catering department on the Health & Safety Committee.
- Support in the delivery of the Employee Review process annually for all chefs and kitchen porters.
- Support in the delivery of quarterly 1-2-1 meetings with detailed notes on future objectives and training requirements.
- Support the Head Chef in organising the monthly food stock and be aware of the food gross deficit result.
- Ensure there is regular stock rotation at all times and food ordering when required.
- To identify and develop good working practices for the Kitchen and when necessarily documenting these practices in the form of Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Assessments & Accident Records.
- Checking rota’s written by Head Chef in his absence.
- In the Head Chef’s absence to communicate on a daily basis with other departments for the smooth running of the kitchen and for other departmental requirements of food produce.
- To be aware of procedures in case of accident or fire.
- To ensure that company policies and procedures are carried out as stated in the company/staff handbooks.
- In the absence of the Head Chef report any problems, re: failure of machinery and small equipment to the maintenance department as set down by the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure that the standards set by the company’s Policy and Procedures regarding personal hygiene, food safety and health and safety are maintained by all kitchen staff, and that all records and documentation are strictly adhered to.
- Support in the delivery a 5 Star EHO rating when audited and also ensure an 85%+ standard is achieved within our annual company kitchen audit conducted by FoodAlert.
- To comply with any reasonable instructions issued by Managers.
Previous experience of working at a similar level is required along with experience of delivering good quality food within set timescales.
The ability to work within a team whilst producing consistent results is essential for this role as is being able to work under pressure.
The successful applicant will have the personal drive to deliver high class standards of work, good attention to detail and a genuine commitment to delivering a first class quality service and food production is essential.
Candidates will have excellent communication skills with a flexible approach to working hours.
Salary based on experience.
Due to the location you will need your own transport.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!