The Hide Bar
We are looking for a Sous Chef for an immediate start.
Shifts are Wednesday to Saturday working as assistant to the chef, and Sundays you will be taking full charge with another kitchen assistant.
Hours are 42 - 45 per week
Salary dependant on experience
You will be responsible for
- Communication and teamwork are key in the kitchen – needing to communicate with each other about preparation and delivery of dishes
- Checking all deliveries and record any shortages / substitutions
- Stock rotation and ordering
- Checking Bar diary for bookings and preparing any orders where necessary
- Maintain Hide Expectations – on presentation of food and attention to detail
- Prepare specials as stock dictates
- Ensuring you and all kitchen staff always adhere to H&S and EHO requirements
- Inform management of any issues of concerns that may arise during service or otherwise
- Lead by example for the rest of the kitchen members
We are a cafe/bar and our food is fresh but 'Cafe style', not a restaurant style food offering.
We are well known in the area and held in high esteem, often doing 120 covers on Saturday and a Sunday for breakfast and lunch so an attention to detail is key.
If interested, please click the apply button...