Netcall is a high growth business providing industry specific software solutions that accelerate and simplify the path to digital. Spanning the entire customer journey across the public, healthcare and corporate markets, our solutions combine the skills of business experts to craft incredible customer experiences.
Purpose of Role:
You will be joining a team working on a highly innovative and rapidly growing software platform called Liberty Create. It’s a market leader in an emerging breed of software called “low code development platforms” which allows business software to be created in an incredibly short timeframe.
As a software tester, you will perform an important role in the Core Development Team, working with developers and others to enhance the stability of the product. This consists of ensuring that you use the standard testing practises to conduct testing on all tasks, investigating and triaging bugs that have been identified by the clients and builders of the platform, and working with the team to deliver a high-quality and stable product. You will be well supported by the Test Manager, Testers, Developers and the Product Manager.
You will need a determination to understand the features of the platform thoroughly and have an excellent eye for detail. It is important that you have the determination and confidence to investigate and identify the cause of an issue or potential bug. It is vital to be willing to take on complex and challenging tasks.
In addition to the manual testing, you will also be responsible for creating and maintaining automated test scripts using our third party solutions, and therefore will need to have competency and experience using Selenium (not the firefox IDE plugin)
You will need to show initiative in choosing the appropriate testing strategy, ability to write complex and in-depth acceptance criteria, ability to raise clearly descriptive bugs, working in collaboration with the team, as well as any other testing tasks assigned by the Test Manager.
You will also be involved in the creation and maintenance of our regression packs using our automated testing tools of which one of them is built into our product. This is used to enhance our regression packs as well as executing them when necessary. Although no automated experience is required for using our in-built automation testing tool, you will be upskilled and trained in using it based on automated testing principals.
Key Result Areas:
To ensure the stability and quality of the product and establishing proficiency by:
• Demonstrating knowledge to design and maintain automated tests
• Demonstrating and applying the understanding of the testing standards and processes
• Demonstrating knowledge of functionality learnt of the platform
• Demonstrating the ability to design and strategise the approach of testing tasks
• Demonstrating the thorough investigation of a testing task
• Demonstrating and applying the ability to independently identify bugs
• Demonstrating regression testing by identifying and testing core functionality
• Demonstrating experience-based testing by identifying and testing core functionality
• Demonstrating exploratory testing by building and testing functionality
• Demonstrating assessing of risks identified within a testing task
• Demonstrating the understanding of the technical aspects to the platform
• Demonstrating and applying the understanding of our automated testing tools
• Operating with the full end-to-end testing lifecycle of the product
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to show great attention to detail
• Ability to assess risks and mitigations
• Ability to quickly learn a fast-growing platform
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to work in collaboration with testers
• Ability to work in collaboration with developers
• ISTQB certification is desirable, but not required
• Understand and work with our low-code platform
• Follow the testing procedures alongside standard testing practises
• Work independently as well as in collaboration with the team
• Efficiently conduct testing in a fast-paced environment
• Confidently identify a bug in the system
• Identify and conduct testing on affected functionality
• Independently asses the risk and severity of a bug
• Use logic and reasoning in solving problems and dealing with issues efficiently
• Conduct investigation to hunt down the cause of a bug
• Conduct a thorough and efficient regression test
• Conduct exploratory testing where appropriate
Salary based on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!