Netcall - Software Engineer (C#)
Reporting to:Development Manager / Senior Software Engineer
Netcall is a high growth business providing industry specific software solutions that accelerate and simplify the path to digital. Spanning the entire customer journey across the public, healthcare and corporate markets, our solutions combine the skills of business experts to craft incredible customer experiences.
Purpose of Role:
Exposed to the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), you will work on the specification, design, coding, testing, and deployment of our Liberty customer engagement solutions. These solutions currently include:
- Converse CX – our next generation multi-tenant SaaS customer engagement & contact centre platform.
- Converse – our on-premise and hosted voice, speech rec and contact centre platform
- QMax – our enterprise Workforce Management solution
- Document Management – our document management system that makes it easy to store, find and manage huge volumes of documents.
The ideal candidate is passionate and upbeat, lives and breathes agile, and firmly believes in creating clean, testable code.
- Design, develop and deliver new features across our customer engagement solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- Take collective ownership for the quality and security of all outputs generated by the development team.
- Show initiative and drive a continuous improvement culture by inspecting and adapting.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to bring product vision to life.
- Act as point of contact for technical issues related to the overall solution and design.
- Act as mentor, developing the skills of less experienced colleagues within development ensuring their approach is aligned with best practice guidelines.
- Share your knowledge and passion for technology.
- Provide support to other business functions where necessary, e.g. Customer Support teams
- Support the creation and maintenance of documentation.
- You enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job.
- Proven skills in Software Development, Design, and Architecture.
- You are an experienced PHP software engineer.
- Application development experience using C# and .NET Core is an advantage.
- Some understanding of best practice object-oriented design principles and patterns (e.g. SOLID, Gang of Four, etc.)
- Experience of using SQL.
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design.
- Knowledge of Web Application Security (OWASP).
- Demonstrable test-first mindset and an ability to write highly testable code; experience of unit and integration testing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative, confident and driven, with an eye for detail.
- Proactive and highly organised, with proven ability to deliver to deadlines, remaining calm under pressure.
- Demonstrate professional integrity taking responsibility for problems and mistakes and rectifying them accordingly.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a subject relating to Computer Science
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening, including a DBS/NPPV3/CTC/SC check dependent on role
- The role is a remote role, but may require occasional travel to Netcall’s offices for team and project meetings.
- Contribute to out of hours incidents and support as required.
- Implement and act in accordance with the Company’s Information Security and Acceptable Use policies
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other tasks within the scope of your role. Any job description provided to you by the organisation will not form part of your contract of employment unless specified otherwise.