We are a small family run business that manufactures and installs a wide range of furniture and joinery products across all market sectors throughout the whole of the UK and abroad. We are a very diverse company with a large portfolio. We have a very friendly and dedicated workforce that all pull together to ensure we meet deadlines and customer expectations.
Good rates of pay
47.5 hours per week (Mon to Fri)
Due to the nature of the work there is usually overtime available. Overtime is paid at time + quarter.
Areas of Work
We are based in Bedford and we work all over the UK however our main areas of work are London, Cambridge, Oxford and Birmingham. All travel time is paid for.
About the Job
The work we undertake is very much a manual and physical job with lifting of large, heavy and sometimes awkward items so it is important that the applicant is physically fit to undertake the work. The work will be very diverse, installing a wide variety of cabinetry and joinery items, including but not limited to the following:
- Reception desks
- Bars and serveries
- Wall and ceiling panelling
- Display units
You would be working with a wide range of materials including real wood veneers, solid timber, MDF, laminate, melamine boards, glass, stone, metalwork, Corian and other solid surface materials.
- Use of hand held routers, jigsaws, planers, saws, and general hand held power tools
- Experienced and proficient in scribing ‘fitted’ furniture
- Experienced in undertaking masons mitres
- Solid surface experience is preferred but not essential
- Reading of workshop/installation drawings
- Construction and installation of cabinetry and joinery items such as the items listed above
- Ensuring time targets are met
- Ensuring quality standards are met
- Keeping working environment in a safe and clean condition
- Minimising waste
Skills and Attributes for the Position
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to think ahead for yourself without waiting for instructions
- Problem solving
- Able to work safely and carefully
- Able to get on well with others
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Friendly and helpful
- Full UK clean driving license is essential
- CSCS skilled card is essential
- Any other certification such as PASMA, MEWPS, Forklift, First Aid, SSSTS, SMSTS are not essential but will be looked upon positively
Interested? Click the apply button!