Within the Sales role you’ll engage with our customers over the trade counter and by telephone for our local branch. You will be the first point of contact and the perfect host for our customers (Trade and Retail).
You’ll advise customers on the most suitable and advantageous products to use and promote add on items.
You’ll maintain a high standard of presentation within the trade counter and offer excellent levels of customer service at all times.
- You will ensure that the needs of the customers are dealt with as well as adhering to the AVS Health and Safety requirements
- To provide professional, efficient, and effective level of service for all AVS customers at all times.
- To collaborate with senior sales to help price and close active quotations in line with the company pricing model
- To proactively make outbound calls to new prospects and existing customers that have lapsed or reduced spend
- To effectively answer trade counter and telephone sales and quotation enquiries quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Ability to work to individual and company targets.
- Targets will include, level of new business calls, growth of new business and level of CRM interactions.
- To cross or up sell to customers where appropriate in order to maximise the value of sale to impact the average order value
- To responsibly manage customer feedback, always maintaining a positive attitude geared to resolving issues to a mutually satisfying conclusion.
- To work with the Branch Manager and Senior Sales to achieve sales metrics as per the branch sales plan.
- To observe security procedures in place when dealing with cash sales.
- To carry out periodic stocktakes, where required.
- To maintain required standards of housekeeping in branch at all times.
- To support the rest of the branch team as and when needed in the yard or workshop.
- Proactively contact and secure key accounts, through building and maintaining strong relationships to sustain a consistent high level of service delivery, whilst identifying further new business opportunities.
- Proactively drive performance of your customer portfolio, building up long term relationships and maximising opportunities.
- Portfolio management; proactive activity, customer retention and sales growth.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by your line manager.
Required Knowledge, Experience, Competencies:
- Will have previous customer service/sales experience.
- Experience of dealing with customers over the telephone and face to face and can do so with confidence.
- Proven ability to develop positive relationship with customers and colleagues
- Must be happy to get stuck in, hands on and give support to the rest of the Branch team when necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A good problem solver, logically minded and good maths skills.
- Good understanding of computer trading systems.
Hours- Weekdays, Monday to Friday 7.30am – 5.00pm. Alternative Saturday 8.00am -1.00pm
Salary dependant on experience.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!