Men’s Clothing Department (Full time - including weekends)
We’re in need of a full time Retail Sales Assistant to work in our Men’s Clothing Department. Claytons is Bedfordshire’s largest independent clothing store. Established in 1905, we continue to offer premium brand clothing and excellent customer service.
Responsibilities and duties
- Welcoming customers and offering assistance
- Build and maintain customer relationships through conversation and honest recommendations
- Showing customers where to find items or directing them to alternatives
- Develop product and brand knowledge
- Handling cash, using tills and Point of Sale (POS) equipment
- Working towards sales targets
- Maintaining merchandising stands and tidying item displays
- Maximising sales and highlighting promotional items to customers
- Rotate and replenish stock on the shop floor
- Process new stock arrivals
- Deal with customers returning and refunding items
Qualifications and skills
- Excellent customer service skills and knowledge of company policies
- An eye for detail
- Sales and marketing skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to work well with the team
- Decision-making skills
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
Hours & Salary
5 days per week (9am-5.30 Monday to Saturday, 10.30am-4.30pm Sunday). We are open 7 days a week and the role will involve weekend work.
Negotiable (based on experience) plus bonus scheme and uniform allowance.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!