The Lawsons Group is a family-owned business that sells timber, fencing and building materials to both the trade and DIY sectors. The Group contains the Lawsons, AVS Fencing and Hertfordshire Timber & Building Supplies brands.
The first Lawsons business was formed in 1921 and the Group has now grown to 32 branches, has close to 750 employees, a turnover of £160m and is highly profitable and cash generative. Net assets now exceed £75m.
The Group has grown rapidly over the last 2 years through a number of strategic acquisition’s and we anticipate that we will add at least a further 8 to 10 Branches over the next 9 - 12 months.
With Rebates contributing to a major part of our bottom line, the Rebate Department is looking to expand and grow the team in line with our growth plan by recruiting a Rebate Accountant. The position will be based at our Commercial Head Office in London Colney, (close to St. Albans).
The job role will entail:
- Maintaining data integrity of rebate management system (eBiz/Enable); ensuring all rebates & other supplier contributions agreements are loaded & payments from suppliers (BACS, credit / debit note or cheque) are correctly allocated within the agreed terms.
- Invoicing for rebates, contract support and trade days – and associated debtor collection
- Managing debt recovery from suppliers
- Quartely rebate realignement analysis and preparing journals for management accounts
- Liaising with Accounts Payable/Procurement where supplier payment issues cause challenges in collecting income from suppliers
- Balance sheet reconciliation of rebate system debtor to General Ledger debtor balances
- Preparing any financial reports for the Rebate Manager to present to the Board as required
We are looking for someone with:
- Ability to implement change
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise work load
- Ability to meet deadlines and to also work using own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Problem solving skills and dealing with queries confidently and in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables & look ups)
The person will report to the Rebate Manager and have regular contact with the Procurement Director.
The successful candidate will receive a salary between £32k - £35k depending on experience and inclusion in the Group Discretionary Profit Share Scheme.
This is a great opportunity for a part-qualified finance professional with a great eye for detail and high degree of accuracy.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!