The Lawsons Group is a family-owned business that sells Timber, Fencing and Building materials to both the trade and DIY sectors.
The first Lawsons business was formed in 1921 and the Group has now grown to 32 branches, has close to 750 employees, a turnover of £160m and is highly profitable and cash generative. Net assets now exceed £75m.
The Group has grown rapidly over the last 2 years through several strategic acquisitions and further expansion is likely in the coming years.
Due to the growth of the business and the consolidation of the finance function across the Group, we are now looking to recruit a Senior Purchase Ledger Role. The role will be based at our Head Office in Colney Heath, (close to St Albans).
- Receive and register supplier invoices.
- Match invoices to goods received at our branches on K8 invoice matching.
- Allocate direct debit payments to invoices.
- Process payment runs.
- Reconciling accounts balances to supplier statements.
- Sending queries to Branches and Purchasing department for resolution.
- Answering queries from suppliers, and other departments.
- Liaising with Suppliers to request credit notes or resolve issues.
- Filing and scanning invoices to K8.
- Supplier account maintenance.
- Load Payments into Barclays.Net and PTX payment systems.
- Foreign Invoices and Payments
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!