Reporting into: Project Manager
The expectation of this role to provide support to the team of Furniture Consultants in terms of costing & sourcing products for major project work. The role will play a key function in the projects team ensuring that projects awarded are ready to be progressed with by the project management team.
- Prepare cost budgets and cost estimates for new design/project work.
- Support FC’s with other submission work, for example product book submission.
- Develop a sourcing model for major project which creates consistency.
- If awarded, take over project ensuring all products are correctly set up, sourced, costed and put in a model that the project management team can work with.
- Manage other cost exercises like installation and delivery costs.
- Support team on tender submissions.
- Support Project Management team on delivery projects on time and in full.
- Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline
- A great communicator – The individual must be able & willing to form strong working relationships with all departments across the business.
- Strong Planning – It’s crucial the individual has a strong planning background, there will be multiple projects going on at one time, so excellent planning is key.
- Time Management – Ability to manage multiple tasks ensuring deadlines etc are meet on time.
- Strong negotiator – The individual will need to able to negotiate with the sales team, design team and most importantly suppliers.
- Relevant experience – Can demonstrate experience of handling multiple costing projects at any time.
- Excellent skills with Excel will be required.