We are currently recruiting for Production Operatives. Full training will be provided for the role and you will be working on the production line working as a team rotating in the various stages of the production of PU mouldings. Please note the role requires the job holder to undertake repetitive heavy lifting.
Whilst full training will be provided for the role, experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment is preferable.
Hours of work are: Monday to Thursday, 7.00am to 4.00pm - Friday 7.00am to 1.00pm (40 Hours)
Following correct procedures on specific stations of the production line and ensuring quality control of the products you will: -
- unclamp and open the moulds ensuring that the mould vents are cleaned and waxed.This involves heavy lifting on a repetitive basis.
- demould part ensuring the tool is clean – hand wax areas of sticking
- make sure the tool is clean.
- spray wax the tool ensuring an even coat of release agent, in line with required quality, environmental and health and safety standards.
- apply polyol / isocyanate mix into mould and close tool securely (gunning)
- when required, to undertake a brief inspection of parts, taking the necessary action to rectify faults or inform the appropriate people so that faults can be rectified.
- maintain own working area to clean and satisfactory level.
- Note: These duties involve working in close proximity with moving mechanical parts. Chemicals, for example isocyanates, are used in the production process.
- Essential skills/attributes
- Physical fitness to a level that enables the job holder to undertake repetitive heavy lifting.
- Basic communicative English – able to understand written and verbal instructions.
- An understanding of differing requirements for different customers / parts.
- Good health and safety awareness
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of health and safety awareness and able to understand written and verbal instructions.
These duties involve working in close proximity with moving mechanical parts. Chemicals, for example isocyanates, are used in the production process.
Salary - £8.50 an hour
If this is something which interests you please click the apply button...