This is a really exciting opportunity for an organised and meticulous production editor to join EMC Design, one of the top UK design agencies dedicated to the publishing industry.
The Production Editor role is crucial in supporting the agency with non-design tasks such as: proof-checking, carrying out corrections, text-formatting, picture research, artwork commissioning and project management within the production of educational material. A fundamental part of this role is to ensure the quality of work leaving the studio meets our exacting standards, deadlines and budgets.
Key duties of the role include:
- checking work done by the designers for accuracy – both literal corrections and, with experience, maintaining the integrity of the design elements in production
- carrying out instructions on marked proofs for editorial corrections and other non-design changes
- checking your own work for accuracy
- text formatting – importing text into an InDesign template/document, formatting text into the correct styles using style sheets, tables, feature boxes, GREP etc (on the job training will be given)
- managing costs and schedules to ensure products are brought out on time, on budget, and to our quality standards
- managing projects we have responsibility for packaging, including liaising with external suppliers and contractors
- communicating closely with colleagues during the production process to ensure all information is accurate and available
- in peak periods, to assist the art buyers with carrying out the research of pictures for use in published material using internet based sources
- in peak periods, to assist the art buyers with commissioning illustrators for use in published material including checking editorial briefs and liaising with illustrators regarding keeping schedules, meeting briefs accurately and quality control of work supplied.
This role would suit someone who has had experience working in a similar capacity in-house at a Publishers or for an external agency. The work is fast-paced and requires someone who has a meticulous eye for detail when applied to working quickly.
The salary range for this role is intentionally wide, this enables people with a range of experiences to apply as well as provides room for progression within the role.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours, 5 days a week) role based at our studio in Oakley.
If you are not at Production Editor level but this type of role still interests you then please still apply as we have an Assistant level role for people to train and grow in.
Interested? Please click the apply button now!