To support the business by carrying out various maintenance and building tasks at various locations, the group is divided up into areas, the area that you will be responsible for, is the southern area, although from time to time you will be expected to travel and cover other areas within the group.
You will report either to the Maintenance Manager or Area Manager of your area.
You must be a great team player with ability to manage yourself and others, with oral and written communication skills.
Disagreements must be managed calmly and effectively.
You may be asked to cover other duties outside the normal responsibilities of the maintenance person, providing they are within your capabilities.
Examples of maintenance descriptions, although not extensive
- General housekeeping, external and internal
- Basic electrics (replacing bulbs and plugs)
- Brick and block work
- Groundwork (concrete repairs)
- Painting and decorating
- General building work
- Use of hand and power tools, including Mill machinery (training will be given where necessary)
- A minimum 3 years’ experience within the building trade
- General building experience
- Specialising in at least one trade such as plumbing or electrics.
- Have a knowledge of access equipment, such as platforms (training will be given)
- Be able to understand technical drawings/plans
- Basic knowledge of risk assessments and health and safety control measures for the above maintenance job descriptions.
Other general skills and duties
- General Maintenance Workers need a variety of skills such as problem-solving, the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Basic math skills
- Be able to drive a transit van and trailer (training can be given for towing/pulling a trailer)
- Be able to work at height (of ladders and platforms)
- keep up to date with general building skills.
- Ensure that work is carried out safely without risk to yourself or others
- Establish proactive maintenance routines
- To organise and cooperate with external maintenance contractors
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations routine building inspections
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
- Maintaining and repairing tools and equipment
- Sourcing replacement parts or specialized tools as needed
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7 am to 4.45pm with 40-minute lunch break and two 10 minutes tea breaks morning afternoon.
- Every other Saturday 7am to 1pm
Please note: These hours do not include travelling time, travelling time is in addition to the times stated above and is unpaid
All tools and equipment will be provided including a company vehicle (van and trailer)
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!