Centrally located in a beautiful setting and with three championship courses of quite distinct character Woburn Golf Club is an unrivalled golfing venue, having hosted more than fifty professional tournaments it is the ideal venue for corporate, group and visitor days.
Woburn Golf Club is currently recruiting for a Kitchen Porter to work flexible hours over seven days to join their busy kitchen team.
You will be responsible for ensuring our kitchen area is kept clean, tidy and free of hazards. Duties will include using the dishwasher to clean all crockery, cutlery from our function rooms, washing and putting away all kitchen equipment as well as cleaning surfaces, floors and equipment during and after service, and occasional basic food preparation tasks.
Previous experience of working in a kitchen would be preferred but full training can be given. Flexibility to working hours is essential as weekend and bank holiday working will be required. As a confident team player, you should demonstrate reliability, a passion for delivering excellent customer service and use of initiative.
Purpose of Position:
To assist the Head Chef and the team with all operations of the kitchen on a day to day basis, in addition to assisting with basic food preparation. You will also help maintain high levels of service and be responsible for following the cleaning schedules, rotating food, checking the fridges and freezers for the kitchen.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To assist the Head Chef with all operations of the kitchen to prepare and produce.
- To assist the Head Chef and other kitchen staff members at any time to prepare and produce in relation to the day visitor and function catering.
- To comply with all company policies at all times which are standing procedures and legal requirements pertaining to health and safety and hygiene legislation.
- To comply and set standards to maintain the highest standards of health and safety, hygiene throughout all areas of the catering department.
- To prepare and produce all items of the kitchen products to the required standards set out by the Head Chef.
- To receive, store and rotate all food items in the correct manner to ensure proper standards and minimum wastage is being enforced.
- To maintain an appearance, appropriate ppc clothing, attitude, and timekeeping appropriate to your role and in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To ensure at all times all equipment is safely used, cleaned and maintained.
- To comply and maintain all kitchen environment standards at all times.
- To comply with and maintain the highest standards of personal health and hygiene at all times while working with all food items.
- To set an example with a positive personal image is presented to all staff members and customers at all times.
- To carry out duties through prescribed safe working practices and is vigilant for health and safety risks to visitors and staff.
- To comply with Standards Of Performances and Zero Defects
- To attend training courses which are identified as being necessary for the performance of the role.
- To be fully conversant with the Estate Handbook and supporting policies, including Health & Safety legislation, personal presentation and fire and emergency procedures.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- To comply with any reasonable instruction issued by your Manager.
- Comply with the data protection policy and follow the procedures and guidelines in place.
- Stay up to date and inform line managers of any concerns with potential gaps in training, knowledge and procedures.
- Undertake personal data processing according to agreed standards and procedures.
- Support The Bedford Estates in meeting data subject rights.
- Access only the data permitted to access and notifying IT if you can access other data.
- Gain approval from line managers to remove data from The Bedford Estates systems.
- Ensure retention schedules (governing the length of time documents are stored) are adhered to regardless of whether the personal data sits in email, the business filing structure or third party software.
- Report data loss immediately.
- Changes in the business may occasionally require alterations in this job description and these will be agreed with the post holder as appropriate.
Salary dependant on experience
Will include some weekend and bank holiday working.
Due to location you must have your own transport.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!