Woburn Golf Club is an unrivalled golfing venue centrally located in a beautiful setting and with three championship courses of quite distinct character. The club is part of the Bedford Estate that includes Woburn Abbey and Woburn Safari Park.
Reporting to the Head Chef and working as part of a busy kitchen team you would be responsible for supporting all the members of the kitchen team ensuring that all food produced meets the expectations of our Golf Club members and guests, is of the highest quality and meets all specifications.
Purpose of the role:
- Working with the Head and Sous Chefs, supervise and co-ordination the kitchen team and services the kitchen provides.
- Working with the Head and Sous Chefs, support in the smooth running of the kitchen ensuring that all areas are maintained to the highest standard possible with effective purchasing and stock control.
- Working with the Head and Sous Chefs, help co-ordinate and execute training of kitchen staff and be able to motivate staff and in addition to cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
- Working with the Head and Sous Chefs, support the inputting fully all Hygiene and Health and safety requirements as laid down by Company policy.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To assist the Head and Sous Chefs in the provision of high quality menu dishes. This includes the upkeep of a complete set of recipes and SOP’s which should be in use at all times.
- To achieve and maintain high standards of food, preparation, presentation and service.
- To ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and serviced, to make safe for use and ensure that daily checks are carried out and to ensure that all necessary work has been carried out in the proper manner and that fridges and storage areas are being correctly maintained.
- Support in the delivery of the Employee Review process annually for all chefs and kitchen porters.
- Support in the delivery of quarterly 1-2-1 meetings with detailed notes on future objectives and training requirements.
- Support the Head Chef in organising the monthly food stocktake and be aware of the food gross deficit result.
- Support the daily stock rotation process at all times, ensure all food has been date labelled/checked daily, and order any food stock when required to do so.
- To identify and develop good working practices for the Kitchen and when necessarily documenting these practices in the form of Standard Operating Procedures, Risk Assessments & Accident Records.
- Communicate on a daily basis with other departments to support the smooth running of the kitchen and for other departmental requirements of food produce.
- To report any food complaints immediately to the Head Chef of the Kitchen.
- To be aware of procedures in case of accident or fire.
- To ensure that company policies and procedures are carried out as stated in the company/staff handbooks.
- In the absence of the Head and/or Sous Chef report any problems, re: failure of machinery and small equipment to the maintenance department as set down by the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure that the standards set by the company’s Policy and Procedures regarding personal hygiene, food safety and health and safety are maintained by all kitchen staff, and that all records and documentation are strictly adhered to.
- Support in the delivery a 5 Star EHO rating when audited and also ensure an 85%+ standard is achieved within our annual company kitchen audit conducted by FoodAlert.
- To comply with any reasonable instructions issued by Managers.
Previous experience of working at a similar level is required along with experience of delivering good quality food within set timescales. The ability to work within a team and follow detailed instructions whilst producing consistent results is essential for this role as is being able to work under pressure.
The successful applicants will have the personal drive to deliver high class standards of work, good attention to detail and a genuine commitment to delivering a first class quality service and food production is essential.
Candidates will have excellent communication skills with a flexible approach to working hours.
Salary based on experience.
Due to the location you will need your own transport.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!