Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for an Internal Sales person to join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
To grow branch sales and margins, by proactively chasing sales opportunities, finding new business and developing relationships with new and existing customers.
- Help to exceed branch Sales, Margins, and Gross profit
- Comply with company audit requirements
- Respond positively and effectively to customer's needs
- Source materials needed to meet customer requirements for items not stocked through the correct channels
- Agree the best possible margin when negotiating with customers in line with branch budget and KPl's
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service and ensure Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are met
- Deal with customer complaints effectively, pleasantly and in a timely manner
- Assist in the company stock counts
- Be vigilant to prevent loss of product by theft etc.
- Be vigilant and report any Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly and stable attitude
- Is prepared to develop a knowledge of the company, its products and the elements required to be successfully employed in the business
- Someone who will promote and adhere to the company's cultures, values and professionalism
- Good interpersonal skills, confident and able to approach customers
- Excellent communicating, influencing and negotiating skills. Both oral and written
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated
- Confidence to cold call existing and prospective customers
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications:
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Previous sales experience
- English speaking
45 hours a week. 7am - 4:45pm Monday - Friday.
Salary based on location/experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!