Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for a HR Payroll & Benefits Advisor to come in and join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
The HR Payroll Advisor role is to provide a competent, effective, and timely payroll function for the Lawsons Group. The HR Payroll Advisor is required to process company payroll on a monthly basis ensuring all information and records relating to payroll are up to date.
- Develop the payroll function to ensure it continues to meet business needs.
- Process and reconcile payroll as per company requirements and in line with current legislation and regulations.
- Set up and process new employees, maintaining accurate records.
- Calculate wages and deductions.
- Calculate tax and NI commitments.
- Check hours and calculate overtime and holiday pay.
- Involvement with special situations such as maternity pay
- Liaison with HMRC and a payroll bureau
- Issue tax forms to staff (P45’s and P11d’s)
- Provide and assist in employee’s hardship loans.
- Maintain accurate payroll records.
- Monthly distribution of staff wages via BACS
- Administering the Company Pension Scheme’s monthly payment
- Respond and resolve queries from employees and management relating to payroll.
- Ad-hoc projects including pay reviews and company bonus/Profit Share scheme.
- Provide yearly data for company benefit schemes (IPP, DIS and BUPA ETC.)
- HR data reporting as required, producing documents, HR reports and presentations.
- Integrating and consolidating systems to gain efficiencies within the group, supported by engagement of internal and external stakeholders and leading the change through to implementation
- Review acquisition Due Diligence Data and Employer Liability Information
Additional HR responsibilities may form part of the role, depending upon the business objectives.
- Regular usage of payroll systems, including data compilation and input.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of or is willing to learn and embrace modern technologies.
- Good deal of acumen and the ability to work under pressure.
- Good communications skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good team-player skills
- Good management skills
- Clear and logical thinking
- Good organisational skills and an ability to work to deadlines.
- Role-model, holding high level of integrity and honesty within the department.
- General knowledge of all aspects of HR payroll administration
- Pro-active, organised and efficient
40 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!