To drive the HGV to a safe standard and deliver goods in a professional manner. To deliver service in the yard, through accurate picking & packing, excellent product knowledge and demonstrating best practice in regards to Health & Safety. To build relationships with key branch staff and ensure we are consistently delivering to expectations and needs. To be an integral part of a high performing team.
Responsible for ensuring stock is stored, handled, picked & packed effectively, with attention to minimising waste and product degradation. Safe utilisation of Forklifts and transits, best practice Manual Handling and risk reduction through following Safe Operating Procedures.
- Driving HGV with hi-ab as needed to make deliveries
- Accurate picking of products, checking quality and quantity prior to packing & loading.
- Safe & secure packing and loading of products on or into collecting vehicles, customer or supplier.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork.
- Provide Customers & Suppliers excellent service and attention in the Yard.
- Unloading and checking of all received deliveries into yard from either customer or supplier.
- Efficient and safe storage of received deliveries into appropriate locations observing company policies and Health & Safety.
- Maintain Yard Standards in line with yard audit criteria.
- Correct reporting and management of any damaged or compromised products or materials.
- Keeping the Yard tidy, organised and clear of Hazards and obstructions at all times.
- Correct and Safe use of all mechanical equipment and machinery
- Observe company dress code, including the correct and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
- The safe and secure custody of company property, stock, equipment, materials and other forms of asset including information.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by your line manager.
- Picking Accuracy
- Yard Standards/Compliance
- On time in Full
- Team Work
- Customer Service & Feedback
Required Knowledge, Experience, Competencies:
- Be a role model for the AVS values and behaviours
- HGV Licence
- A good problem solver, logically minded and good math skills
- Good understanding of stock control principles
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work to and maintain, set company standards
- Must be happy to get stuck in, hands on and support to the rest of the Branch team.
- Holder of current and clean driving Licence
- Up to date forklift training certificate
- Good numeracy and ability to read picking tickets/delivery notes
- Good time management.
- Enjoy working in a yard environment
NOTE: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
Salary dependant on experience
Hours - Monday to Friday, 7:30am - 5pm. Every other Saturday 8am -12pm.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!