The Lawsons Group is a family-owned business that sells Timber, Fencing and Building materials to both the trade and DIY sectors.
The first Lawsons business was formed in 1921 and the Group has now grown to 32 branches, has close to 750 employees, a turnover of £160m and is highly profitable and cash generative. Net assets now exceed £75m.
The Group has grown rapidly over the last 2 years through several strategic acquisitions and further expansion is likely in the next 2-3 years.
Due to the growth of the business and the consolidation of the finance function across the Group, we are now looking to recruit a Group Financial Accountant. The role will be based at our Head Office in Colney Heath, (close to St Albans). There will be the need for occasional travel to our branches across which stretch from Brighton to Peterborough.
The Role is varied and will include:
- Work with the Group Financial Controller to develop the finance function to the next level.
- Management of a team of 3 in Finance, the Group Cashier and a Purchase Ledger department of 8.
- Business Partnering with internal and external stakeholders – working closely with our Area Managers and Branch Managers
- Manage the month end process and production of management reporting packs along with a succinct commentary.
- Oversee the financial modelling and monthly Bank Reporting
- Financial Planning – Co-ordinate the Budget and Forecasting Process
- Year end and statutory accounting and audit process.
- Group VAT return preparation, Intrastat and Customs Clearance.
- Rolling Group Cash flow forecast,
- Develop controls and procedure to ensure that all key issues are identified, communicated and captured in all the appropriate systems. Work closely with our Internal audit function
- Improvements to our stocktaking procedures, and reporting – We currently hold c£22.5m of stock
- Ad hoc commercial projects, assist with acquisition due diligence and integration.
The Person – We are asking for a lot
We are looking for someone who is:
The successful candidate will receive a salary between £55k and £60k along with a generous benefits package including a car allowance and inclusion in the Group Discretionary Profit Share Scheme.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!