A.T Cross are looking for a goods in/warehouse operative. Managing control of goods in, ensuring correct procedures are followed. On a daily basis handling goods, e.g. unloading, internal transportation to and from the warehouse, replenishing stock, from the warehouse. Using the correct equipment in a safe and efficient way to minimise damage to stock and equipment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- General warehouse/goods in experience
- Good basic maths and English skills
- Computer literate with a good understanding of computer systems and stock control
- Experience of working within a team
- Good telephone/customer service manner
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Reach Fork Lift licence essential.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Check stock received is correct to paperwork.Receipt stock in on Sage system – dock to stock in 6 hours or less. Ensure stock is put away in correct bin locations.Stock should be on racks and floor area is left clear at all times.Work with warehouse manager(s) to ensure stock reaches correct department as it arrives.
- Unload containers as they arrive (with help from team if needed)
- Ensure stock discrepancies are reported to correct person.
- Keep upstairs shelves stocked up.
- Ensure “Made To Order” orders are given to correct department.
- Pull stock as required whether for Watford or other team members
- Ensure stock location accuracy is maintained with correct labelling as appropriate
- Print bar codes as required
- Reserve stock as needed
- Maintain accuracy on stock reserved. Liaising with contacts in appropriate department.
- Work with freight forwarders to control stock deliveries
- To help in other departments as and when required ie.Assisting in putting other items delivered away, items for the kitchen or toilets
- Implementing agreed processes, working methods and procedures, including IT systems and techniques
- Assisting in keeping the car park area clean and tidy and assisting in clearing the carpark of snow if necessary
- Ensuring goods are sent out and received in on time and accurately accounted for manually and on system
Practical /Person Spec Requirements:
- A practical hands on person with a methodical approach to the job in hand
- Good time keeping
- Willing and co-operative team member
- Physically able and willing to carry/manoeuvre approx. 12kg boxes/in weight on a daily basis
- Willing to work in cooler environment
- The role will require using the forklift outside (in the case of deliveries)
Monday to Thursday - 8am to 4.15pm. Friday's - 8am-3pm. 37.5 hours per week.
20 days holiday per annum plus 8 bank holidays.
Job Perks - Free parking, free tea/coffee/fruit, free life insurance, discounted employee benefits portal.
If interested please click the apply button...