About Furniture Group Manufacturing Ltd (FGM)
We are a small family run business that manufactures and installs a wide range of furniture and joinery products across all market sectors throughout the whole of the UK and abroad. We are a very diverse company with a large portfolio. We have a very friendly and dedicated workforce that all pull together to ensure we meet deadlines and customer expectations.
Good rates of pay
47.5 hours per week (Mon to Fri)
There may be the opportunity of overtime but this would be advised on a weekly basis. Overtime is paid at time + quarter
About the Job
The work we undertake can be quite physical with lifting of large, heavy and sometimes awkward items so it is important that the applicant is physically fit to undertake the work. The work will be very diverse, spraying a wide variety of cabinetry and joinery items, including but not limited to the following:
- Reception desks
- Bars and serveries
- Wall and ceiling panelling
- Display units
You would be working with a wide range of materials including real wood veneers, solid timber, MDF etc.
- Spraying of different lacquers. (water based, AC, PU, fire rated)
- Prepping of timber ready for spraying.
- Must have a great eye for detail.
- Able to snag own work.
- Staining of timber and veneers.
- Maintaining and preparing equipment for work.
- Burnishing (not essential but a bonus)
- Keeping stock levels and ordering material.
- Ensuring time targets are met
- Ensuring quality standards are met
- Keeping working environment in a safe and clean condition
- Minimising waste
Skills and Attributes for the Position
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to think ahead for yourself without waiting for instructions
- Able to work safely and carefully
- Able to get on well with others
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Friendly and helpful
- CSCS skilled card is preferred (not essential as we can provide training and certification if required)