About Furniture Group Manufacturing Ltd (FGM)
We are a small family run business that manufactures and installs a wide range of furniture and joinery products across all market sectors throughout the whole of the UK and abroad. We are a very diverse company with a large portfolio. We have a very friendly and dedicated workforce that all pull together to ensure we meet deadlines and customer expectations.
Good rates of pay
47.5 hours per week (Mon to Fri)
There may be the opportunity of overtime but this would be advised on a weekly basis. Overtime is paid at time + quarter.
About the Job
The work we undertake is very much a manual and physical job with lifting of large, heavy and sometimes awkward items so it is important that the applicant is physically fit to undertake the work. When working within the factory the main job role of the labourer is going to be fork lifting materials ready for machine operators, including aiding with lifting onto machines and wrapping and palleting product ready for delivery. Although these are the main roles of the labouring within the factory they are not a complete list of things you may be asked to undertake as each day may be slightly different from the last (see further examples of general duties below). When working out onsite the main role of the labourer will be to help with deliveries, unloading and material distribution onsite and loading out areas ready for installation, cleaning installed furniture/joinery and protecting the finished product with protective material.
- Fork lifting (counter-balance forklift)
- Re-stacking and organising materials to ensure all materials are stored safely and tidily in their correct location
- Assisting with lifting within the factory
- Wrapping and palleting goods ready for delivery
- Loading vans/lorries
- Aiding installers with lifting and material distribution onsite
- Cleaning and maintenance of vehicles
- Cutting up off-cut materials to a suitable size for burning within our wood burner and keep off-cuts under control
- General waste management
- General cleaning
- Ensuring board materials are organised in a timely manner for the production team within the factory
- Keeping working environment in a safe and clean condition
- Keeping in front of fitting teams with material distribution onsite to ensure fitters have product in front of them ready to install
- Minimising waste
Skills and Attributes for the Position
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to think ahead for yourself without waiting for instructions
- Able to work safely and carefully
- Able to get on well with others
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Friendly and helpful
- Full UK clean driving license is essential
- Forklift license for counterbalance truck is preferred (not essential as we can provide training if required)
- CSCS labourer card is preferred (not essential as we can provide training and certification if required)
Interested? Click the apply button!