We are looking to hire an eCommerce manager with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of ecommerce platforms – Big Commerce and/or Magento preferred. Must be commercially minded with a keen understanding of the customer journey. Must be comfortable troubleshooting the website and constantly seeking to improve the User Experience (UX) of the website.
eCommerce Manager Responsibilities:
- Work with management and IT to advise on design of eCommerce roadmap.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade the organization's website.
- Lead a small team and external agencies in support of B2B/B2C sales
- Taking technical ownership of the company’s websites including the CMS, checkout, customer database, and ongoing maintenance
- Managing the internal product development roadmap, lead continuous development of the platform and/or review of the sites
- Constantly seek to improve the User Experience of the website regularly.
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
- Write/ Edit scripts when required and have a full understanding of API Integrations
- Assist with the integration of new technologies into the existing setup
- Work with IT and external agencies to plan solutions to technical problems
- Vendor selection
- Review and monitor payment system such as Opayo and Sagepay
- Work with content marketing team on customer database and Mailchimp platform
- Carry out site audit and monitor performance using SEMRush
eCommerce Manager Requirements
- B2B/B2C eCommerce experience - an excellent working knowledge of eCommerce trading, and sales planning/forecasting management to defined targets
- Must have knowledge of Google tools including analytics, Merchant Centre, Search Console and My Business
- Solid experience of various CMS platforms and project management skills.
- UX / CX optimization experience is essential.
- Customer centric – demonstrable customer-centric orientation is needed, possibly with experience of CRM, retention programmes or loyalty schemes. A working knowledge of customer data management and GDPR guidelines is essential.
- Marketing – strong performance marketing experience – paid and organic, is needed.
- Experience of working with Apps such as Shipper HQ, Trustpilot, Google Shopping and searchanise
Salary - Up to £45k
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!