The Lawsons Group is a family-owned business that sells Timber, Fencing and Building materials to both the trade and DIY sectors.
The first Lawsons business was formed in 1921 and the Group has now grown to 32 branches, has close to 750 employees, a turnover of £160m and is highly profitable and cash generative. Net assets now exceed £75m.
The Group has grown rapidly over the last 2 years through several strategic acquisitions and further expansion is likely in the coming years.
Due to the growth of the business and the consolidation of the finance function across the Group, we are now looking to recruit a Credit Controller to join our experienced team. The role will be based at our Head Office in Colney Heath, (close to St Albans).
- Collection of debt via phone, emails, or letters.
- Ensure customers pay on time and chase any overdue invoices, resolve customer queries in conjunction with appropriate assistance.
- Updating customer notes with any contact.
- Build close working relationships with other departments, Depots and Sales Managers
- Flexibility to cover team members when required.
- Negotiate any payment plans in conjunction with Credit Manager
- Issue monthly statements for customer and provide copy invoices when requested.
- Communicate with customers internally and externally to resolve debt queries professionally and promptly, produce weekly query reports.
- Issue LBA's where required before legal proceedings.
- Take card payments from customer payments
- Process payments, via bacs, cheques, or card in line with Lawsons procedures, reconcile accounts and unallocated payments.
- To prepare and post bank statement account receipts daily and allocate where possible.
- Process end of day card and cheque transactions
- Actively supporting integration activities from acquisitions
- Adhere to monthly timetable, for chasing accounts via standalone call log and credit chase procedure.
- Flexibility to cover team members when required
- Provide access to web portal for both credit account customers and cash customers, when requested by customer or branches.
- Review of accounts over the limit and those needing review via credit control workplace.
- Release orders for branches.
- To deal with all accounts ready to be passed to solicitors and to deal with at each legal stage.
- Raise relevant journals when necessary and write off debts in accordance with procedures.
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly, and balanced approach.
- Someone who will promote and adhere to the company’s cultures, values, and professionalism.
- Good interpersonal skills, confident and able to approach customers.
- Excellent communicating and influencing skills
Knowledge, Experience, Qualification
- Previous credit control experience.
- Work as part of a team of credit controllers reporting to credit manager
- Play a part in ensuring DSO and cash collection targets are met
- Understanding the principles of accounting practises and procedures
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, good planning abilities, organisational, diagnostic and time management skills, you must be self-motivated with strong initiative.
- Prioritise workload, multitask and be computer literate with good excel skills
- Actively builds skills and abilities.
- Strong numerical skills
- Meet strict deadlines and time management.
- Ability to work under pressure. Able to prioritise and multi-task and be computer literate with fluency in Excel.
- Play a crucial part in making sure the debtors and cash collection targets are met.
- Knowledge of Kerridge K8 would be advantageous
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!