The Lawsons Group is a family-owned business that sells timber, fencing and building materials to both the trade and DIY sectors The Group contains the Lawsons, AVS Fencing and Hertfordshire Timber & Building Supplies brands.
The first Lawsons business was formed in 1921 and the Group has now grown to 32 branches, has close to 750 employees, a turnover of £160m and is highly profitable and cash generative. Net assets now exceed £75m.
The Group has grown rapidly over the last 2 years through several strategic acquisitions, and we anticipate that we will add at least a further 8 to 10 Branches over the next 9 - 12 months.
We are actively seeking a bright, enthusiastic self-reliant, Credit Analyst to join our busy Credit Team – Reporting to the Credit Manager, taking on a wide variety of duties.
- Opening credit accounts (for customers, branches/reps)
- Ensuring credit applications are correctly completed
- Using investigating skills to research the company
- Getting in contact with the customers/reps for more information
- Running land registry checks
- Communicating with credit checking company
- Analysing financial data
- Risk assess customer and set Basic Credit Limits
- Recommend Larger Limits to Credit Manager for approval
- Once approved and complete. Follow the standard opening account process
- Supplying information to the Credit Manager to be included in the board report
- Update the customer account maintenance where appropriate
- Complying with GDPR regulations throughout the credit application process
- Sending out statements, invoices, credits etc
- Reallocation of Branch/Rep responsibilities and subsequent communication of the changes
- Reactivating credit accounts (for customers, branches/reps)
- Opening web accounts (for customers, branches/reps)
- Credit increases/decreases – Running reports and making changes to the account
- End of Day Banking process & Banking
- Assisting with Payment allocation
- Releasing or refusing tickets for branches when an account is over trading
- Taking payments.
- Assisting the Credit Team with Account Collections, especially when accounts are over-trading.
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly, and balanced approach.
- Someone who will promote and adhere to the company’s cultures, values, and professionalism.
- Good interpersonal skills, confident and able to approach customers.
- Excellent communicating and influencing skills
Knowledge, Experience, Qualification
- Good academic record ( including GSCE English and Maths level C and above – or equivalent).
- Good understanding or ability to learn balance sheet, profit and loss accounts and other financial information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience of having worked in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Good Excel and Word skills.
- Strong administration skills, ideally within a credit control/sales ledger/finance department.
Hours - 37.5 hours. Saturdays are usually 1 in (number of staff employed) You will get back your Saturday hours, the following week or so.