Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for a Counter Sales person to come in and join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
Assisting at the sales counter, you will create a friendly and welcoming environment that encourages return custom, to enable Branch sales and margin growth.
- Respond positively and effectively to customers’ needs
- Build rapport and be polite and courteous to customers
- Carry out and comply with end of day cashing up procedure
- Comply with company audit requirements
- Source materials needed to meet customers’ requirements
- Agree best possible margin when negotiating with customers
- Cultivate and maintain excellent customer service standards
- Deal with customers complaints effectively and pleasantly
- Assist in company stock counts
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and stock is merchandised
- Be vigilant to prevent loss of product by theft etc
- Be vigilant and report Health and Safety issues
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly and stable attitude
- Is prepared to develop knowledge of the company and its products
- Someone who promotes our culture and values
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure
- Confidence to cold call
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent IT skills
- Previous Sales Experience
45 hours a week. Monday to Friday 7am - 4:45pm.
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!