Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for a Counter Sales person to join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
To grow branch sales and margins, by proactively chasing sales opportunities, finding new business and developing relationships with new and existing customers.
- Help to exceed branch Sales, Margins, and Gross profit
- Comply with company audit requirements
- Carry out and comply with the company end of day cashing up procedure
- Respond positively and effectively to customer's needs
- Agree the best possible margin when negotiating with customers in line with branch budget and KPl's
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service and ensuring Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are met
- Deal with customer complaints effectively, pleasantly and in a timely manner
- Assist in the company stock counts
- Ensure that stock levels are maintained and merchandised
- Build rapport, be polite and courteous to customers
- Be vigilant to prevent loss of product by theft etc.
- Be vigilant and to report any Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly and stable attitude
- Is prepared to develop a knowledge of the company, its products and the elements required to be successfully employed in the business
- Someone who will promote and adhere to the company's cultures, values and professionalism
- Good interpersonal skills, confidence and ability to approach customers
- Excellent communicating, influencing and negotiating skills
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications:
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- English speaking
Salary: Dependant on experience
45 hours a week. 7am - 4:45pm Monday to Friday.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!