We are looking for at a full time position. 2 days as head chef on Sundays and Mondays and a KA on three further days.
You will be responsible for
- Communication and teamwork are key in the kitchen – needing to communicate with each other about preparation and delivery of dishes
- Checking all deliveries and record any shortages / substitutions
- Keeping information on Supplier prices, finding the best deal possible
- Stock rotation and ordering
- Checking Bar diary for bookings and preparing any orders where necessary
- Maintain Hide Expectations – on presentation of food and attention to detail
- Prepare specials as stock dictates
- Ensuring you and all kitchen staff always adhere to H&S and EHO requirements
- Inform management of any issues of concerns that may arise during service or otherwise
- Lead by example for the rest of the kitchen members
Kitchen service is Monday - Friday 8.30am -3pm.
Saturday and Sunday 9.30am - 3.30pm.
There may be the opportunity to come up with 'speciality' evenings once a month ie, supper clubs, pudding clubs.
You will preferably need your own transport.
You will need to have an understanding of EHO requirements.
Be open to swapping shifts to cover holidays.
Have the ability and experience of running a busy check system under pressure.
We are a cafe/bar and our food is fresh but 'Cafe style', not a restaurant style food offering.
We are well known in the area and held in high esteem, often doing 160 covers on a Sunday for breakfast and lunch so an attention to detail is key.
If interested, please click the apply button...