To undertake, either individually or as part of a team, the following:-
- To assist the Cemetery Supervisor in all duties involved in the burial of the dead (for example, location, preparation and digging of graves)
- To assist the Cemetery Supervisor in the burial of cremated remains and general maintenance of the Gardens of Remembrance (for example grass cutting, leaf clearance, removal of floral tributes etc.)
- To assist the Cemetery Supervisor in the maintenance of the grounds and ensuring a high constancy of appearance and presentation (for example, grass cutting, hedge trimming, planting and pruning)
- To communicate with members of the public, funeral directors and memorial masons by telephone and in person
- To use the general range of tools and equipment, powered hand tools and plant including all machinery with due regard to Health and Safety requirements
- To use chemicals safely in accordance with COSHH regulations
- To continue providing a cemeteries service that meets nationally recognised standards and is delivered in a caring and sensitive manner
- To be willing to undertake training to comply with Health and Safety and development of the role
The successful candidate will need to have good physical strength and stamina. This role requires attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a small team. Previous experience of groundwork is preferable.
Hours - Full time position (37 hours per week)
Salary - Upwards of £18,300 depending on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!