Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for a Branch Supervisor to come in and join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
As a Branch Supervisor you will provide support to the Branch Management team in helping to deliver the overall success of all branch functions. You will effectively supervise all operational activities, sales & margin, recruitment, Health & Safety and build rapport with both staff and customers.
- Meeting Sales, Margin and Profit budgets, whilst controlling costs, as agreed
- Ensure Lawsons best practice, standards and company policies are met
- Motivate the individuals within your team
- Regularly communicate branch and company performance to the team
- Take overall responsibility for all administrative and auditable tasks
- Contribute and communicate ideas, proposals and initiatives for improving operations and administration procedures, to develop / expand the company
- Adhere to the company’s high standards of Health & Safety and Security
- Capitalise on opportunities for cost savings across the business
- Deputise for the Assistant Manager in their absence
- Role-model (holding high level of integrity, honesty and confidentiality within the branch
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to be hands-on where needed and lead from the front when required
- Someone who will promote and adhere to the company’s cultures, values and professionalism
- Desire to progress into Branch Management
Knowledge and Experience:
- Commercial Awareness of the Industry
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Previous Sales and Operations Experience
45 hours a week. Monday to Friday 7am - 4:45pm.
Salary dependant on experience.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!