Lawsons is one of the largest independent timber, building and fencing merchants in London and the South East of England. To which they are looking for an Assistant Yard Foreman to come in and join their busy team!
Job Purpose Statement:
To maintain a friendly and welcoming environment with a team that encourages return custom to enable branch sales and margin growth.
- Comply with company audit requirements
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service and ensuring Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are met
- Assist in the company stock counts
- Ensure that stock is replenished, rotated and merchandised
- Deal with customer complaints effectively, pleasantly and in a timely manner
- Maintain the yard to a high standard of tidiness and cleanliness
- Build rapport, be polite and courteous to customers
- Be vigilant to prevent loss of product by theft etc.
- Be vigilant and to report any Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately
- Deputise for the Branch Manager in their absence
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly and stable attitude
- Someone who will promote and adhere to the company's cultures, values and professionalism
- Good interpersonal skills, confident and able to approach customers
- Excellent communicating and influencing skills
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications:
- Previous Yard Sales experience within the industry
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- English speaking
47.5 hours a week. Monday to Friday 7am - 5pm. Every other Saturday from 8am - 1pm.
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!