Morleys Department Stores is an independent Group of 8 Department Stores that operate mainly around London and Newbury, Berkshire.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Buyer for maternity cover on a temporary basis to join our buying team based in our Head Office in Wimbledon., this is a maternity leave cover.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated , driven individual with strong administration skills to also support the Buyer on a day to day basis.
- Updating and Developing Reporting – Best sellers, LW Sales, Stock Holding & Markdown etc.
- Ordering - Raising and tracking orders from supplier to shop floor.
- Pricing – Monitor pricing & maintain in-store ticketing
- Invoicing – Understanding the payment process of invoicing making sure that the supply cycle is not affected.
- Assist the buyer in Identifying new products and brand opportunities ahead of our competitors, continually evaluating the existing to ensure we remain competitive and have the vision for changing product opportunities to develop
- Aim for best ‘in stock’ positions for all core areas
- Effective manage existing brand relationships – working to secure the most profitable and appealing brands.
- Complete regular sales analysis, identifying trends, product success and any potential threats.
- Assist the byer to range plan to maximise profits
- Manage the critical path for your products areas, monitoring best sellers
- Propose and execute trading actions to improve sales performance
- Work closely with Store teams, this will include store visits.
Key experience and skills
- Have a commercial approach to enable you to make business decisions
- A good communicator who can develop and maintain effective relationships across head office functions and in store teams.
- Experience of owning and developing relationships with key suppliers
- Demonstrable experience managing a P&L and a budgeting process.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Possess strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence and engage others.
- An appetite for a challenge, with a hardworking, tenacious attitude, and the passion, drive, and desire to succeed.
37.5 hours per week, mainly Monday to Friday but would be on a 5 out of 7 day contract.
4 weeks holiday
Salary - Dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!