Job Purpose Statement:
The job exists for the job holder to contribute to Company profits, stability, and growth by ensuring overall business success of a group of branches by effectively managing all operational, sales & profitability activities whilst maintaining the highest levels of Health & Safety and security standards to deliver differentiating standards of customer service.
- Enforce and develop the Company's high standards of Health & Safety and Security.
- Responsible for making sure that the branches meet the goals and objectives set out by the directorate.
- Ensure Lawsons Best Practice, Standards and Company Policies are continually met.
- Exceed sales and profit budgets whilst managing costs.
- Take necessary actions to correct shortfalls and below budget performance.
- Ensure the individuals at branch level are developed and deployed to maximum effectiveness.
- Ensure talented individuals are recruited, identified, and trained. Also develop staff succession plans.
- Undertake disciplinary and grievance procedures as required.
- Continually explore, develop, and implement opportunities for increasing the effectiveness and profitability of branch trading activities.
- Regularly communicate with Branch, Head office and Senior Management on all issues relating to profitability and operational performance.
- Take overall responsibility for all administrative and auditable tasks.
- Work collaboratively with other area managers, positively contributing to the executive to progress and develop the business.
Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications:
- Commercial awareness of the industry and associated sales and operations at branch level.
- Previous managerial experience, and willing to learn and embrace new technologies.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Capable of providing insightful and balanced views on business risks and issues.
- Understanding of the business financials.
- Driving License.
- English speaking.
Salary dependant on experience
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!