With the expansion of the Lawsons Group and the desire to provide the best quality drivers who will be equipped to deal with our deliveries, we are looking to recruit 2x Area Driving Assessors.
Job Purpose Statement:
In this role you will be responsible for assessing and inducting all drivers who are new to the company along with carrying out refresher / post-accident assessments for existing Drivers.
- The positive promotion of Lawsons Group Transport policies and procedures at all times to all colleagues.
- Driver inductions (external to standard employee introduction & familiarisation)
- Conducting driving assessments in concordance with DVSA & Lawsons standards of all Lawsons Group Fleet up to and including LGV’s.
- Analysing and interpreting telematics data to manage driving styles and behaviours
- On-going feedback meetings with Group Transport
- Managing driver behaviour including formal documented discussions.
- Carrying out drug and alcohol tests when required.
- Working with Group Transport in identifying and coaching high-risk drivers to proactively reduce the group’s current incident rates.
- To assist Lawsons Group Transport in researching, planning and implementing driver training activities.
- Confident in reading and explaining driver infringement reports.
- Ability to handle challenging driving behaviours and action in accordance with the current processes.
- The ability to ensure candidates are complying with and fully understanding the company’s Driving and Delivery policies and procedures
- Great coaching skills within training and coaching environment preferred, however, training will be provided
Knowledge and Experience:
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent driving skills, road safety knowledge and enthusiasm for driving.
- Higher level understanding of Driver CPC & Tachograph rules.
- High level of understanding of Road Traffic regulations.
- Computer Literate.
A company van, laptop and mobile phone will be provided for both positions.
Monday to Friday, 7am - 5pm.
Salary based on experience.
Must have an LGV Licence.
Interested? Then please click the apply button now!