Cawleys is a third-generation family business with over 70 years’ experience in the waste management industry and is one of the leading, independently owned recycling companies in the UK. Current turnover exceeds £27m and the company employs 220 staff across four sites, operating a mixed fleet of 80 waste collection vehicles.
Cawleys does not own or manage landfill sites preferring to invest in waste recovery and processing technologies. The company pioneered the use of anaerobic digestion (AD) for commercial food waste in 2008, opening a state of the art Materials Recycling Facility (MRF) in the same year.
Cawleys is a strong, diverse resource management organisation offering a wide range of bespoke, innovative waste and recycling services. These include food waste recycling, award winning environmental change management programmes through our associate company, Veris Strategies and our specialist hazardous waste services division. The company’s administrative and operational HQ is based in Luton with further sites in Milton Keynes and Wellingborough.
The Account Manager reports to the Senior Key Account Manager working closely with Transport Operations and Customer Services.
The main purpose of the role is upselling to existing accounts and will include a small degree of reactive account management for our existing customers focusing on their requests.
- To achieve and exceed monthly/annual targets
- To identify additional revenue generating opportunities from existing client base
- Developing bespoke proposals to clients paying attention to both client requirements as well as commercial expectations of the business
- Processing of all relevant sales and contract information, including site visits
- Recording calls, quote and contract activity into the Company CRM system
- Development of sales pipeline and strategy to deliver set targets
- Produce timely monthly sales reports on personal performance
- Reactive account management for non-managed accounts
- Identify risk factors relating to customer retention feeding back to relevant internal stakeholders e.g. credit control, transport operations, customer services, sales
- Liaise with internal business stakeholders regarding ‘at risk accounts’ and issue resolution.
- Defend unmanaged accounts in line with the company process.
- Work with Commercial Support Team to provide reports as required
- Promote all services supplied by Cawleys and seek to generate profitable, new business from non-managed accounts
- Waste management and recycling services experience
- Customer services or sales background
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel. PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to produce reports and analyse data
- Aptitude to learn waste management industry software
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Commercial acumen and financially aware
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Ability to work on your own and self-manage wisely to the benefit of the company whilst being a team player with little supervision
- Ability to think quickly, problem solve and make decisions
- Numerical ability
- Organisational skills
- Presentation skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks
- Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.30pm with one hour for lunch
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Company car& fuel card
- Laptop and Mobile phone
- Childcare vouchers
Flexibility on working hours is expected according to the business and client needs.
It is anticipated that you may have to travel within the UK as required by the needs of the business.
If interested please click the apply button...